Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Canada Loves Poop



So says The Atlantic (Ralph Waldo Emerson would be proud of the publication he co-founded):
The French love the heart emoji.
Canadians prefer pizza—and the pile of poo.
And Americans? The land that gave the world the iPhone, the Declaration of Independence, and the Kinsey Report prefers emoji that depict technology, royalty, and… eggplants. 
These preferences were revealed in a new report from SwiftKey, a software company that makes keyboards for iOS and Android phones. The report describes global trends in emoji usage and breaks them out by country and by language. Like nations themselves, it seems, emoji usage is also shaped by culture, climate, and geography.
Yes, this post is useless, but I really wanted to publish that headline.

2 comments:

  1. Canada Loves Poop

    We must, because we've had Conservative clowns in government for 9 years. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That made me laugh. I thought of you when I posted this, and also when I was watching the Jets last night. I was pulling for them. Damn those Orange County bastards (speaking of right wing nutjobs).

    ReplyDelete