Monday, October 6, 2014

Bad Idea #4,279

Using a potato as a birth control device:
A 22-year-old woman in Honda, Colombia, was recently admitted to a local hospital after complaining of abject abdominal pain. The culprit? A germinating potato inside her vagina.
“My mom told me that if I didn’t want to get pregnant, I should put a potato up there, and I believed her,” the presumably mortified patient told the hospital staff.
We all know what happens to a neglected tuber: roots, and lots of them. In the young woman’s case, those dogged sprouts proliferated over a couple weeks’ time, leading to her intense discomfort and eventually making an, um, external appearance (we’re treading so lightly here). Thankfully, the dud of a spud was removed sans surgical intervention, and the woman was expected to recover fully. No further details were provided, nor needed.
Yikes.  I'm not going to add anything to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment